Monday, February 6, 2012

Losing It....Week 24

Let's not waste time with chit-chat...let's get to it....

Results:
-5 lbs.

Ye-Haw!
Stats:
Current weight: 194 lbs.
Total weight loss: 41 lbs.

I even own 2 size 12 skirts. I don't feel like I'm really a size 12, but I did get lucky enough to find 2 that fit. Yay! That feels good.

This week we had 2 birthdays and all the goodies that go with them. Before next weigh-in there will be another, MINE. I know I'll have to kick up the exercise to make up the difference. Right now my thing is walking/running 3 miles on the treadmill each morning. Well...technically I have only done that twice, but it's my new plan. First time was Friday...halfway through my workout I decided to go 3 miles, it took me 44.54 minutes. This morning I did 3 miles in 40.58 minutes. My goal is to keep trying to shorten my time. I would be really happy with a 35 minute 5k. It's kind of funny that I was so proud of myself for running a mile at 4.0 mph. Now 4.0 is walking not jogging. I walk at 4.3, it's fun to see improvement. Soon I would like to see 5.5 feel like a comfortable jog. I'll get there, and then I'll set a new goal.

As for writing my food down, that lasted all of about a day and a half. My intentions were good. I planned on doing it faithfully, but after the first day it wasn't working for me. All I did was think about food...ALL DAY LONG. It did make me think about what I was eating the only problem was it made me want to always be eating. Weird, I know. It's not supposed to work like that. For now I'm not doing it, maybe sometime, but not now. Not for me. 

My next weigh-in goal is -2 lbs.
Wish me luck!



7 comments:

Erin said...

Great job on five pounds! Keep up the amazing work. You rock!

Ken Roberts said...

I want all who read this to know how proud I am of Nancy. She has really worked hard to get to this point. As all of you know, she's beautiful no matter what, and I'm a lucky guy to have her as my wife and sweetheart for countless reasons. It's been fun to see her feel better about herself. She is truly an amazing woman.

Nancy said...

Ah...honey, you are so sweet! Thank you.

The Scholle's!!! said...

You go girl! I've been trying to lose weight too but I seem to be stuck on the same pound the last month or so. It's frustrating! You're my motivation! I just wish I had more time to exercise.

The Scholle's!!! said...

Any Tips? :-)

Nancy said...

Jessica, just keep going. It's hard not to get discouraged when the number on the scale refuses to budge,buteventually it will. Just keep trying.

Here's a few other tips:
-Mix up your routine. I know you mentioned liking Zumba. Zumba is what got me excited about working out when I first started. I get bored kind of easy and like change so I switch between Zumba, the biggest loser for the wii, my wii fit, the treadmill, and a good old fashion walk outside when ever I can.

-I know being a busy mom it's hard to find time for yourself but it's SO important that you take some time to take care of you. You will be an even better wife and mommy if you take just 30 minutes everyday making you a better you...spiritually/mentally/physically. If you can't find time to excerise on your own each day then make it family time. You, Steve and the kids can have a great time together playing/excercising. We love to play just dance together and it's a pretty good workout after a few songs.

-I am even thinking about joining weight watchers online, I hear it's only $18 dollars a month. I could use more info about healthy food options. I do know this...water, fruits, and veggies are your friends! :)

Good luck, you are looking good.

Candace said...

Ye-Haw is right!!! Go Nancy, Go! You're an inspiration :D