Thursday, July 10, 2008

The whoa's of growing up!

McKenna turned 1 a few weeks ago and began taking her first steps. Each day she gets a little braver. A couple of days ago on her bravest attempt yet, she and the office chair collided. I would have saved her, but I never saw her coming until I heard the thump. I scooped her up and held her against me, when I pulled her back to assess the damage she already had a huge gooseberry on her forehead. Ouch! One accident has not deterred her, she still attempts to walk where she wants to go. She only makes it 5 or 6 steps before she falls, but she stands up and tries again.

1 comment:

Ty Lyman said...

that's like a 3rd eye. I hate it when your too late to save them, but maybe that's what makes them stronger as they get older