Tyler had a pretty exciting month of April so I'm playing a little catch-up. This blog post is dedicated just for Tyler and his April happenings.
On April 1st, over conference weekend, Tyler ended up in the ER with sharp pain in his abdomen. After doing some blood work, a CT scan, and more blood work it turns out that he was fine. He had a little hard piece of stool in his appendix but it was not infected and required no treatment. Tyler spent the whole day with an IV in his arm for nothin'. I think he had a weird stomach bug because Sydney and I experienced the same pain the following week and had we not already gone through it with Tyler I would have thought it was appendicitis too. It hurt!
| Getting a CT scan |
| Tyler chatting with Kaylie who called to check how he was doing. |
Tyler had a busy, busy month. He was a member of the stage crew for Willie Wonka Jr. at his elementary school. He spent hours and hours of time after school each day. He was very dedicated and never complained. He had to use his time very wisely to keep up with his homework, chores, and play practice. I was really impressed with his self motivation and his responsible attitude. One day I didn't want him to go to practice because it was a crazy day and I felt like something had to give, he responded by saying, "Mom, I don't do a lot, but what I do is really important. I need to be there." Well, because of a conflict in scheduling Tyler didn't make it to practice that day. I saw his teacher and she jokingly said that Tyler could never miss another practice, he's such a great helper. Great job, Tyler!
Tyler also participated in the Hope of America concert. It's always a treat to watch this each year.
Tyler has come a long way and made lots of improvements this year. He's worked on overcoming a negative attitude, making good friend, and improving his grades. This year he has teacher that he would describe as critical and hard to please, it's been tough for him at times, but really I think it's been a blessing. He has learned that he can do hard things. He can be the kid that does all his work and gets good grades. He can achieve more than he thought he could and it took a hard teacher to push him for him to understand that. I know he doesn't always appreciate his teachers approach, he may not even admit that he likes her, but I can tell that a light bulb has come on and he's moving in a good direction.
One thing I love about Tyler is that he is very self-reflective and honest with himself. He's willing to look at himself and make improvements where needed. When he makes a mistake he admits it, corrects his behavior, and tries his best to make good choices. I sure do love watching this guy grow-up. Love you, Ty.
1 comment:
What a neat young man. Aaron and I were reminiscing the other day about when we were his primary teachers. He's grown so much since he was 5! :)
Post a Comment