I remember the day my husband turned 37, I teased him that he was on a slippery slide to 40.
40 is big and scary.
But every year (well, every day really) it keeps getting closer and closer.
I know its inevitable so I've made a new goal to embrace it.
Laugh if you will, but I am serious!
I'm starting a new personal campaign...just for me.
"Fab by 40"
Yes, that's right. I plan to be absolutely fabulous by the time I reach the big 4-0.
It's only 3 years away, I better get crackin', but I can do it!
Here are a few things I want to accomplish...
* I want to be better at saying "Thank you" and "Thinking of You" in general. Sending cards has always been one of those things I wish I was good at, unfortunately, I am pretty much a complete failure at the follow through of that desire. By 40 I will be better at expressing my gratitude for the people who bless my life.
* By 40 I want to find perfect balance. I know that sounds kind-of silly because life is always changing, but I want to find that right balance of spiritual, emotional and physical wellness. I guess what I really want is to establish the perfect roadmap to meet all the needs and expectations of myself and those around me without running faster than I have strength or missing the mark because I didn't have my act together.
* By 40 I want to meet all my physical goals. I want to be healthy. I want to feel confident. I want to enjoy the freedom that comes with mastering self discipline.
* By 40 want to LOVE more and JUDGE less. I want to be more patient & compassionate. I want to look at others and see the GOOD, even if the BAD is more obvious.
* I want to be very close to reaching my educational goals. By 40 I want be very close to having my bachelors degree in Behavior Science-family studies.
* I want my kids to think they have the bestest, coolest, mom ever. Not because I am always a nice mom, or that they always get what they want, but because they know that mom makes them do hard things because I believe in them, I want the best for them, and because I love them. I want to be that kind of example to them. I want them to be able to say....Mom can do hard things....and so can I.
Those are just a few things that have been on my mind lately.
Every day I want to be better than the day before. I have a lot of work to do. Thankfully, I know that weaks things can be made strong. That's my goal!
FAB BY 40, BABY!!!
Man, I sure am long winded...this was meant to be a really short birthday post and I haven't even got to the birthday part yet.
Well, here it is...
I had a Birthday! Yay for me!
I'm sure you all caught on to that a while back...
anyways,
Here are a few pics from my 37th birthday.
Ken surprised me by inviting our good friends, Paul and Tish, over to play games. Hanging out with our friends is one of my favorite things to do. It just made my day!
So did the thoughtfulness of other good friends, family, Ken, and the kids.
I felt loved!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TO ME!
This is going to be a good year!
1 comment:
You are fabulous!! Those are good things to become and do...I think you are and do so much good already! Happy birthday!!
Post a Comment