Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Memory Flashback: The Ornaments

Do your ornaments tell a story?
Mine do...well at least there is a story behind each ornament.
 
As a child my mother would buy us a new ornament each year. All of those ornaments now hang on my tree. I have continued that same tradition with my children as well. Sometimes they get ornaments that represent something special in their lives that year and others years they get whatever I think is cute (and cheap, cause that's the way I roll).
Here are a few of my many favorites...


Each one of these ornaments represent something different to me, but each one holds a special memory.

Just this week a neighbor of mine picked up the last ornament and said "Wow! You guys look so young." As opposed to how we look now I guess. Sad for us. :(
Now that ornaments has 2 memories for me. ;)

Don't you just love ornaments that hold a memory and a story to tell?
I do. 

No comments: