Friday, September 12, 2008

Eleven Years of Bliss

Eleven years ago today Ken and I were married. Here's a few of the happenings in our lives over the past 11 years....

* We've had 6 almost 7 children
* We've had at least 10 different jobs
* We've been in school for 7 years, with a least 3 different majors
* We've moved 7, soon to be 8 times. We've lived in two different states. (Utah & New Mexico)
* We've owned a least 9 vehicles
* We've opened and closed a business (Ken owned Elite Deliveries and Installations for three years)
* Our family has had 4 broken bones, 1 seizure, 7 trips to the ER for stitches, 4 surgeries, one 8 day hospital stay, and a handful of other ER visits. (I promise we don't beat our children, we only joke about it!)
* We've had times of plenty, and times of not so plenty
* We've seen Grandparents, Uncles, Cousins and other loved ones pass away. We also had many nieces and nephews born.
* I can only think of a handful of days we have spent apart.
* We've had many disagreements and many apologies

We have had many ups and downs though the years. Some times have been rough, but we have been blessed more than I can even begin to count. I thank my loving Father in Heaven for the trials that have helped to strengthen us and helped us to grow together, for answers to our prayers, for the opportunity to raise this beautiful family we've made together, and for a wonderful husband who works so hard to provide for his family, to teach his children, and to serve others.
Ken truly is my best friend. I am looking forward to our next eleven years, and the next after that, and the next after that, and the next after that...FOREVER.

4 comments:

Someone else said...

You guys don't look old enough to be married that long. It's been eventful but you are a good example to us on how to make a marrigae last forever. Congratulations!

Cal said...

Congratulations guys, none of us thought it would last but............HA HA HA HA HA JUST KIDDING!!!!!!
You two are a great example. Keep up the good work. We love you both.

Ty Lyman said...

11 years. You guys have had a lot happen in 11 years. I wonder how many more ER visits and wounds will come in the next. How do you remember all that anyways? I don't know that I can remember that stuff with just our measley 6 years. :) We love you guys, you're both awesome examples to us on so many levels. Especially the 7 kids I know I could never do that.

Ethington Family said...

That is awesome. I didn't realize you were married only one year before us. That is cool. You have done a lot more in your time then us, so I guess we're lazy. love the post- take care!
mary