Monday, March 4, 2013

Water Can be Rather Messy

I love a good swim in a pool, a lake, or even the bathtub, but NOT in my kitchen or my basement. Unfortunatety thanks to a broken water filter under the kitchen sink we woke up to a big wet mess a few weeks ago. Initually my biggest concern was the water pouring out of the basement ceiling. I wasn't extremely concerned about the water standing on the kitchen floor because I knew I could get that cleaned up easy enough. I didn't realize that the kitchen floor would soon warp and bubble making it our biggest casualty. Fortunately we were able to have a restoration company come out within a few hours to clean-up and dry out the house. They sucked the water out of the basement then sealed it off to dry. It took 6 days of lots and lots of high powered fans and several dehumidifiers to dry things out but the basement did dry well. Part of the kitchen flooring that warped was removed only to find the original vinyl from 30 years ago. It's purdy!






Could have been much worse. I'll be glad when it's all taken care of. I sure wish I could get new cabinets, counter tops, and double oven out of this deal, but I guess I'll have to settle for a new hardwood floor.


No comments: