As of today we officially have 7 out of 10 members of our family are back in school.
Kaylie started first on Aug. 20th, followed by Sydney, Tyler, and Emma on the 21st, my new semester began yesterday, and McKenna started her first day of Kindergarten today.
Kaylie is a 7th grader at Lakeridge. Though I can tell she is a little nervous about attending Jr. High with all it's unknowns, I have been really impressed by how brave she has been. She seems to be adjusting well. She has good friends. I think Spanish is her most overwhelming subject because her teacher speaks only Spanish for the entire 80 minute class period. One good thing is she gets to have that class with Sydney. She thinks orchestra will be her favorite class, she is playing the violin. I'm looking forward to seeing her develop that talent.
Emma is our 4th grader. I think this will be a great year for Emma. She has good friends in her class and a great teacher. She loves to learn. I really hope she has a postive year. She needs one. She deserves one. It seems she teeter-totters every other year with feeling content and happy in her classrooms. I really want Emma to have a good postive year of learning and socializing. Emma still loves to read. She works hard and is always so thorough and organized.
Tyler is a big 6th grader. He's top dog at the elementary school. I can see Ty growing up everyday. He is maturing and is becoming quite the big help to me around the house. He's always the first to finish a task then come back and ask what else he can do. Ty also has a good teacher and good friends. I predict a great year for Tyler. He wants to get involved in student council this year. I think he will do so well, he is a natural leader.
Sydney is also top dog at her school. She is in 9th grade this year (a freshman, can you believe it?)
She has one last year at the Jr. High then off to High School. It's hard to believe that she will graduate in less than 4 short years. Where does the time go? Sydney is enjoying seminary. She is so happy to finally be 14 and caught up to all of her friends. Junior High can be some rough years I wish Sydney and Kaylie the very best!!!
Todd is in 2nd grade this year. He sure is growing up. He is doing well in school, but writing is not his favorite thing to do. Homework is going to be a challenge for him this year I can already tell. Not because he can't do it, it's just getting him to sit down and concentrate. He wants to be done by the end of a long day at school, but mean mom makes him get right on his homework. It might be more appropriate to say that his homework will be a challenge for me. Todd can be a stubborn one but he is such a hard worker I know he can do anything he sets his mind to. He will still go to speech class this year, but he really is doing so well. He's pretty awesome.
Here's most of the gang on their first day of school.
McKenna is in Kindergarten. KINDERGARTEN! I am excited for her. She loves being in school. She loves the friendships she makes but she is also really excited to begin reading books. She is surrounded by readers all day long at home and I think she has equated reading to being a big kid. She had a great first day even though most of all her school and church friends are in the other class. She will easily make new friends. She did cry when I brought her home today without taking her to the cafeteria to eat lunch. Somehow she thought that would top off the whole day of fun. Sorry to disappoint, McKenna. Thankfully she got over it quickly while she ate M&M's and told me all about her day.
As for me, I'm back in school after a few week break. I took two classes this summer, and I'll be taking 3 classes this semester, one of which is math -which has me slightly nervous. Well, actually a lot nervous. I really do love feeling like I am accomplishing something with each new semester. Someday, aways down the road I'll have a degree to show for all this hard work. That day will make me happy.
Ken is enjoying NOT being in school right now.
Daric wishes he was.
And Aftyn doesn't know any better. She just goes with the flow.
My house is strangely quiet at selective periods of the day and although it feels a little weird I'm not complaining.
Here's to a great new school year kids, I wish you all the best success and FUN times!
3 comments:
You've got great kids, Nancy! Best of luck to everyone!
Love you guys!! Super cute family!!
What a spectacular group of educatees.
I feel much safer knowing that they are the leaders of our future.
Post a Comment