Friday, June 1, 2012

End of the School Year Festivities

Yesterday was the kids last day of school.
McKenna asked me last night if she got to go to Kindergarten today. When I told her no, that she would have to wait until summer break was over she seemed way disappointed.
She is anxious to grow up.

All the kids are growing so fast...
next year we will have a kindergartner, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th, and 9th graders, and of course 2 still at home.
But hey, I'm getting ahead of myself...
This post is all about the end of the year fun & celebrations before school gets out.
There are a bunch...

Let's start with McKenna!
This little cutie graduated from pre-school this year.

McKenna learned all her colors and letters this year in pre-school, but mostly I'm just glad she got to make friends and have this very important first step in preparing her for the years to come.

McKenna's all ready for her chicken dance at the dance festival.

Next is Todd...
This kid is such a hard worker. First grade was an adjustment for him, but I have to take my hat off to Todd. Some things that come naturally for other children have not come naturally for Todd. He has had to fight his way to where he is, and I'll tell you this kid is a fighter. He has made such huge strides in his speech, and in his reading and writing. If Todd continues to set goals and work hard throughout his life this little guy will be unstoppable. I am so very proud of him!

And Emma...
Here is Emma at her class play.
This gal has a whole lot of personality pack into her little body. She is smart, and quite honestly sometimes it is exhausting trying to keep up with the way her mind works. She loves to figure things out and asks questions constantly, 3/4 of which I know she already knows the answer to. I think she likes to test our intelligence. I'm not sure if I'm passing or failing according to her.  She is a natural teacher both in her classroom and here at home with her siblings. I could totally see her becoming a teacher when she grows up. I hope her mind never slows down....except for the times when I'd like to put mine on crews control and she wants to discuss the molecular structure of ice-cubes. Oh Emma, I love you!


And Tyler....
I don't have an end of the year picture of Tyler because I filled up my memory card just as his dance festival dance started. Darn!
I recently did a post just for Tyler where I mentioned how hard he's worked to improve his grades and attitude. Tyler was awarded the "Most Improved" student award and he came home with straights A's this semester. Way to go, Tyler! You have made incredible progress with your hard work and positive behavior.

And then there was Kaylie....
Kaylie has had a big year and especially a big final week.
Kaylie graduated from N.O.V.A.
Kaylie graduated from 6th grade!!!! She gave a speech at her graduation. She did awesome. I know she must have been nervous but you couldn't tell. Kaylie constantly surprises me with her ever budding personality and talents. She is not as shy as she once was...sometimes she still acts shy. But regularly she does new things that are out of her comfort zone or at least I thought they were. She is becoming a darling young women, I say becoming because it seems she is growing and changing daily. You can't keep a thumb on her, she is blossoming and it is so fun to watch.
Kaylie is off to Junior High next year.
She plans to take spanish and learn the violin.
N.O.V.A. graduation

Kay's speech

Our 6th grade graduate!
Yay for Kaylie!!!

And finally Sydney...
Sydney completed the 8th grade. 3 of her 4 quarters she received a 4.0 GPA, she had only one B all year. I am super proud of her hard work. This year Sydney had many of her artwork displayed in the Jr. High art show. Here are pics of the ones that received awards.




Well, that's all of them.
It's very rewarding to see your children grow up and work through adversity and the challenging hurdles of life to find success in their own individual unique ways.

Well done, Kids!
Now let's have an awesome summer together!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Her art is beautiful! She really is talented. My Tyler is super excited for Kingergarten this fall too! Here's to a summer full of fun activities for the kids!