Thursday, August 18, 2011

Losing It....

I know what you all were thinking....
you thought I meant my mind, didn't you?
Well losing my mind is debatable, but that isn't what I'm talking about.
I mean pounds, inches, excess largeness, that sort of thing.

I have wanted to post on this subject for a while now but kept putting it off because if I announced to the world that I was trying to lose weight then I would have to be accountable, which to me is the whole point, but I wasn't ready to commit. However, enough is enough! I've reached my "limit", you know what I mean, that very unpleasant number on the scale that you tell yourself you with NEVER go above. Well I'm there. I'm at my limit.
Now it's time to commit. It's time to get serious.


I had Ken take these pictures on my 36th birthday. That was 6 months ago, 2 wks after having Aftyn. This was to be my "starting point", unfortunately I couldn't really exercise for another 4 weeks because of my c-section. By then my fatigue had increased and my motivation had decreased. So, regretfully I have gained weight since these pics were taken. Which is actually pretty typical for me after having a baby. I lose weight while I'm pregnant then gain it back a within a few months while nursing. Now it's time to take it back off, and much more. ( 9 babies worth of more!)

I am not one of those people that think you have to be skinny to be beautiful, nor do I think a person's self-worth should come from how they look. I know I'm a daughter of God whether I am 100 or 500 lbs. This isn't about that, it's about being HEALTHY.

I don't plan on trying any radical or fad diets. I think those are for idiots. I just plan on increasing the good ol' exercise and watching what I eat. I'm planning on taking one step at a time, starting with baby steps until I eventually reach my end goal. Which I just realized I don't even know what that is yet. So, I will be figuring that out mighty soon. I do know what my first goal is though, and that is to see a 1 in the first digit column of my weight, not a 2! Aw....I can't believe I just said that out loud. (well wrote it anyway) Yikes, it's a little scary being so open with such a touchy subject as weight. But I'm going to tell myself I don't care and just move forward.

*This week my goal is to exercise at least 30 minutes everyday, cut the sweets, and increase my water intake.

I've decided to weigh myself every two weeks to check my progress. I'll probably post that often and report on how I'm doing.

Wish me luck. I'm not one to beg for comments, but a little moral support along this journey may be helpful. AND if anyone wants to share their successes I'd love to hear them. What exercise do you love? What low-cal foods are your favorite?



4 comments:

Erin said...

I am SO proud of you! All it takes is one step at a time. Choose exercise that is fun, you'll be more likely to keep it up.

I did a little health challenge and found that if I drank enough water, ate 6 servings of fruit and veggies (not hard, an apple is two servings!), then I didn't really feel like eating the unhealthy stuff.

Most importantly, I find that my exercise time is the thing that keeps me sane. Just 30 minutes to think to myself. LOVELY!

Someone else said...

I am always here to support you but really with your posts and updates you are the one that will be inspiring me. I passed my "limit" when I was pregnant with Dakota. I am ready to downsize though. I have finally come to terms with who I am being so much more important than what size I am and it was so freeing. I do want to get healthy though. I will pass along anything that I find helpful with you and look forward to your success and advice too. Good luck on your new commitment.

Jilly Bean said...

You're a babe, Nanc. I feel like I say that to you a lot! You do have your first goal...and you'll go for it and make it! I agree with your philosophies about the true source of our value and getting fit healthily. You've probably already heard of this blog, but if not, you'll love it. I love it, anyway. It's encouraging. It's trainermomma.com Well good luck! Have fun! Love you!

Oh, there's also a fun book called French Women Don't Get Fat by Mireille Guiliano. It's a fun read, she has good philosophies that line up with yours, and great recipes!

Margaret said...

YAY!!!!! You can do it. I think your honesty with numbers and goal will get you far. I saw you walking this morning and thing your AMAZING! Keep up the good work.