Here's a little pregnancy update...Today is 38 weeks, in exactly two more days we will have a baby. I go into the hospital on Monday morning to be induced. Yay!!!!
At my previous Tuesday appt. my doctor decided that we would induce Monday, but he wanted to see me in the office on Thursday for another non-stress test and blood pressure check. If things weren't looking good than we would induce that Thursday. I went in on Thursday and everything looked good but as my doctor began to leave the room he said, "Well we'll see you on Monday for another fluid check." I said, "Oh, no no no you won't. You'll see me Monday at the hospital, your inducing me on Monday". I glanced at my husband who got a nervous look on his face as if to say.....Hurry doctor, hurry... appease the woman...DO NOT unleash the beast! I told him I wasn't leaving until I had a time scheduled at the hospital. Dr. Young slowly retreated from the office with his hands in the air...saying okay, okay, I'll go call the hospital, as if that might keep me from pouncing on him. Oh, yes you will, I thought to myself. (Can you feel the hormonal pregnant lady tension? You just don't mess with that.....What was he thinking?) He came back a short time later and announced that we would see him at 6:30 am, Monday morning at the hospital. Oh, hallelujah! HALLELUJAH!
I'm spending the weekend trying to get all my little kiddies to not be sick when Aftyn comes home. They all decided to come down with a cold this week, which I think they kindly gave to me. But I suppose that before Aftyn comes is better than after and hopefully everyone will be in good shape soon.
Some people have asked us what our plans are for a memorial service for Zachary. This has been a very personal and difficult decision for Ken and I. At first I thought that a burial and grave side service was the only proper thing to do. It seemed the only way to honor and show our love to our son. As I spoke with the hospital and prepared to meet with the mortuary I began to feel the Spirit guiding me in a different direction. I fought that feeling for a long time because in my mind there just was no other decision that would set well with us. As Ken and I met with our Bishop and our Stake President, who is the head of the neonatal unit at UVRMC, and as we prayed to our Father in Heaven we began to realize that we did have other options. We very quickly got a peace of mind that instead of purchasing a tombstone and a whole in the ground that we could do other things that would mean more to us to memorialize Zachary. As I mentioned this is very personal to us and more difficult to talk about than most things. I suppose for me it's out of respect for Ken, because he's very private and it's hard for him to express his feelings. But I did want family and friends to know that we have decided not to have a burial, but instead we will have a very private memorial with just Ken, I and the kids. We have received a peace of mind that that is the right thing for our family. I just wanted those of you that were wondering to know what our plans are.
Here's a picture at 38 weeks. I think Aftyn grew about 2 lbs. overnight because I am SO feeling it.
Ken and I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers as we bring these little babies into the world...One to greet hello and the other to bid farewell. It is because of the support of loving kind friends that we feel so sustained -THANK YOU!
4 comments:
You look BEAUTIFUL! You're in my prayers. Good Luck on Monday!
Prayers going your way on your special (in so many ways) day.
I have to say that You are so gorgeous, pregnant with twins....I wish I was there to take pics of your this pregnant. Now that I'm getting so good with my editing. Take away any blemish that you may think you have. I'm excited for you, but at the same time I'm sad that you will have to bid farewell at all. I think you guys are AMAZING!!! I think the day that you meet up with that sweet baby boy, and you get that chance to raise him in the millennium it will be a sweet surrender.
I will be praying for you Monday. We love you guys, and miss your family so much.
we did the same thing for our stillborn.. feel at peace
Post a Comment