Monday, November 22, 2010

Waking Up

My morning started at 6:45, it went like this....

Ken: Nancy did you open Daric's door?

Me: No

Ken leaves to investigate then comes back to our room.

Ken: Nancy, you didn't take Daric out of his bed?

Me: No, Ken. I haven't been up with him at all.

Ken: His door is open, his crib is down, and he is GONE!

I'm thinking the little dude escaped and was somewhere in the house making mischief somewhere. But I knew that Ken was thinking something worse. I knew he was thinking someone took him, the kidnapped kind of took him. Ken ran down stairs and I began checking bedrooms up stairs. Only seconds later I heard Ken talking to someone down stairs and I knew Houdini had been found.

He was sitting in the dark office at the computer merrily pushing buttons, doing his 'work' as he explained. "I pushing, I work", he said.  "I licious (we call him d-licious) I licious" as if to remind us that he is so cute and mom and dad don't be mad.

I was surprised that during his 'freedom run' he didn't head straight for the kitchen. I was anticipating him sitting on the floor of the kitchen with a bag of marshmallows between his legs or something.

The scary thing is that Ken and I didn't hear a thing. I think I'll be investing in some child door locks today.  

2 comments:

Ty Lyman said...

I'm surprised nothing more happened, maybe you will find more of a mess later...when the "I don't know" ghost is figured, maybe it was him :). Theron is 2 and still doesn't get out of his crib.

Someone else said...

Not fun! The crib is a mom's best friend. You can put them in the crib and know that for a little while anyway they can't get into any trouble (until they figure out how to take off the diaper that is) so it is your time to relax. Once that is spoiled with a Houdini act you can never have peace again...even when you think they are sound asleep. So sorry Nancy.

Glad to know that he wasn't 'taken' either. I hope Ken will rest a little easier tonight.