Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Our Summer Highlights

I know summer is not officially over, but the kids are going back to school next week. Summer is winding down, here are some highlights:

In April (I know April wasn't summer, I'm starting a little early) Ken and Tyler were able to take a Father/Son trip to Nebraska. Ty took over 200 pictures of nothing and everything.

This was Tyler's first airplane ride, first football game, first time shooting a gun, first trip with just him and Dad. He loved it and so did Ken.
In May I was able to go to Woman's Conference at BYU with my sister-in-law LeAnn and her family. It was a great experience. I'm planning on going again next year.

Then the next weekend I got to go to a scrapbooking overnighter with my sisters in Salt Lake. Way fun, I want to do that next year too! Sorry, no pictures!

We bought our first trailer in May.


Also in May we put a bid in on a house in Lehi, it's a short sale and we are still waiting to hear.
We feel good about this house and are hoping it works out in our favor. You could all help us by including us in your prayers. :)
May was a busy month. I got my first stitches (well first not related to child birth). I sliced my finger trying to open a formula can one handed.


In May, our little Toddy man had surgery at Primary Children's Hospital to lengthen his palate. The surgery took about 2 1/2 hours he stayed overnight. But, he did so well. His first words after surgery were "luv you" to his Dad when Ken had to head home from the hospital that evening. We were so thrilled, we weren't sure when he would be able to talk. And that was music to our ears.


And finally in May we celebrated Dad's 64th birthday. We had such a great time playing together! I want to do that again soon.



June was the Jensen Family Reunion in Idaho.


Also in June McKenna turned 1! She is so CUTE!


We started our 4th of July celebration by going to the parade. The kids loved it. Then Mike and Heather's family spent the afternoon with us. We went to Red Robin for lunch. It's a favorite! Then we did fireworks in the front yard.



On the 24th of July (Pioneer Day, for all you non-Utahn's) we spent the day at Temple Square.


August hasn't been that eventful as far as family or vacations. But the kids have enjoyed the tire swing, playing with friends, and the slip-n-slide.
We have missed getting together with the Roberts side this summer. August is our usual time of year. This year it didn't work out, we miss you and look forward to getting together soon.

2 comments:

Ty Lyman said...

It's nice to know when you've done a lot over a summer. You guys were really busy through May. The year isn't even over yet. Just think Christmas is just around the corner. I think you have a baby before then though :)I think it's funny how fast life flies by, especially when your having fun. You didn't put in there that you found out you were prego. Was that before April? We love you guys

Jilly Bean said...

Fun summer. i hope hope hope you get the house!!